Musée de la Résistance et de la Déportation à Angoulême

Rédigé par Alain dans la rubrique Musée

A couple of years ago I visited le musée de la résistance et de la déportation in Angoulême. Sadly it closed last year, but temporarily I hope. However its website (link) is still up and running and is an excellent source for research on the resistance and civilian life during the war in the Charente.

When I visited the museum I only had an old camara and couldn't take as many photos as I would have liked, so as you can see I concentrated on the section dedicated to La Brigade Rac.
Here was the leaflet used by the museum and a close up of the fantastic photo of the SSS (Section Speciale de Sabotage) of Capitaine Fred (Bataillon Violette, AS Dordogne Nord) on a truck, a Berliet VDCA, requisitioned in july 1944 from Vergt. Followed by the photos that I took.